BetterGIS is a San Francisco area startup company. Its flagship suite of SaaS and mobile products, UVARA is built by a team of engineers and computer scientists to address the No. 1 problem:
Managing out-of-sight, out-of-mind utility and facilities infrastructure that often leads to costly project overruns, delays, and even injury.
Our solution is focused on the full lifecycle of the assets starting with the engineering-planning and construction phase and continues through operation and maintenance and financial planning. We understand and see the need to addresses the infrastructure management challenges facing those responsible for commercial and public sector facilities including municipalities, educational institutions, utility companies, hospitals, and medical centers, and their architecture, engineering, contractor and risk management, and insurance partners.
UVARATM digitizes your utility infrastructure and network assets. Bring your virtual campus to life in days or weeks. We take care of everything for you: digitizing your maps, Assets information, and analyze your data to give you replacement costs and assets consolidated reports. UVARA allows multi-building owners and operators identify and manage their assets and mitigate construction work risks all through project life-cycle while capturing and preserving institutional knowledge.
UVARA universally centralizes viewing, analytics, reporting and archiving for all utility networks and structures (electricity, water, telco, wastewater, lighting, CCTV, and all kinds of structures and elements) displaying millions of assets on multiple base-maps like GoogleMaps, Esri, OpenStreetMaps, etc and providing you with drone imagery that we take for you.
The UVARA Cloud Platform runs 24 by 7 on all major tablets, smartphones, laptops and Desktop computers. It allows you to clearly see the location, extent, age and replacement costs for your entire facility infrastructure.
We are unique in the fact that our solution can be easily implemented during any phase of your development project. From acquisition through planning, design, construction, maintenance and even disposition, it doesn’t matter. Regardless of phase, we’re able to empower better decisions that reduce owners’ risk, save money and ensure on-time delivery of your building project.
- Increases Efficiency: Delivers spatially accurate maps and data that inform planners, designers, builders, owners, operators and managers about hidden utility infrastructure risks that potentially impact project timelines, budgets, people, and property.
- Improves Productivity: By centralizing all aspects of “institutional knowledge”, maps, reports and project documents are now accessible from any mobile device, reducing cycle time, cost and project delays. Smart reporting enables real-time budgeting, quantity and time-based replacement costs, project prioritization, maintenance reserve and capital reserve calculations, total cost of ownership, and more.
- Maximizes Value: The advanced functionality and intelligence built into the platform maximize up-time and service continuity, while minimizing risk to people, property, projects, and budgets.
- Improves Planning: Capital projects fail or succeed by the quality of your planning. By illuminating infrastructure asset details, and eliminating hidden risks, UVARA offers a new way to plan capital projects.
- Minimizes Construction Delays: Accurate visibility to asset locations will reduce field emergencies, trips to the plan room and show the locations of assets to be serviced, etc. Contractors and sub-contractors will know the location, costs, and other critical infrastructure details which improves construction efficiency and minimizes delays.
- Reduces Maintenance Response Time and Costs: Accurately prioritize, plan and budget for preventive maintenance. Preventive maintenance is ALWAYS less costly than “demand” or emergency maintenance. Integrate into work-order management and risk assessment systems, while providing smart reporting to assist with making informed budgeting and replacement cost decisions.