A Forney hospital was evacuated Tuesday after a gas leak in the surrounding area.
Two patients and staff at Baylor Scott & White Emergency Center were cleared from the building on U.S. Highway 80 after an initial call about 9 a.m., according to the Kaufman county Office of Emergency Management.
The gas, identified as hydrogen sulfide, was traced to a sewer line, the agency’s director, Steve Howie, told inforney.com.
The hospital won’t reopen until 6 a.m. Wednesday.
No injuries were reported, though several reported headaches and felt nauseated. Two patients were taken to another hospital, Baylor Scott & White spokesman Craig Civale said.
Dallas Fire-Rescue told KXAS-TV (NBC5) that firefighters were called to the building on a request for aid from the Medical Plaza II building, 15 miles east of Dallas.
The Forney Fire Department, Dallas Fire-Rescue, Kaufman County Office of Emergency Management and CareFlite were at the scene.
According to Dallas News on January 23rd, 2018.