A gas leak put homecoming celebrations temporarily on hold at McDowell High School early Friday morning.
A construction crew hit a gas line while working at the high school. Students and staff at McDowell were moved to the nearby McDowell Intermediate High School building while the crew immediately started to repair the gas leak after the incident.
The crew was able to fix things relatively quickly, and students were brought back to the high school about an hour later to continue their homecoming celebrations.
According to Erie News updated on November 6th, 2015