According to The Ohio County Monitor July 8th:

Around 1:15 p.m. this afternoon a call came into 911 Dispatch of a gas leak at Ohio County High School.

It was reported that a groundskeeper was mowing and accidentally hit a pipe that caused it to rupture on the campus of the school near Dairy Queen. The roar of the gas leak could easily be heard by nearby traffic on Highway 231.

If possible, the area should be avoided until gas crews arrive to stop and repair the leak.

While this leak didn’t involve a fire, Ohio County firefighters have trained for situations involving fires fueled by propane in the past.