According to Victoria Advocate on June 14th:
One household remains under evacuation after a natural gas explosion near Cuero Sunday evening, authorities with the sheriff’s office said Monday.
A 42-inch pipeline owned by Energy Transfer ruptured about 8:15 p.m. off Farm-to-Market Road 953.
At the time of the explosion, the flames shot up to about 100 feet in the air, DeWitt County Sheriff Jode Zavesky said.
Zavesky said the pipeline has been shut off, and about an hour after the explosion, flames diminished to about 20 to 25 feet.
The flames are expected to burn for hours until the residual gas is out of the pipeline, Zavesky said.
About seven homes were evacuated, and many residents will be able to return to their homes Monday, Zavesky said.
Vicki Anderson Granado, a spokeswoman for Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners, said Monday morning a natural gas line in rural DeWitt County ruptured. She said the gas was rerouted from the line, and the fire is in the process of burning itself out. She said nearby homes were evacuated as a precautionary measure and no injuries were reported when the 42-inch pipeline exploded.
Company officials will do a detailed assessment of the damage Monday and begin repairs.